PROJECT COORDINATOR – DIGITAL ARTS – ONTARIO
From September 2021 to June 2022
Your role will be to enable students (Secondary 1-5) to develop creative and conceptual skills in digital arts. With weekly workshops will be held mainly in class and in close collaboration with the teachers, you will introduce the students to contemporary art and to different artistic techniques such as video, photography, audio, interactive installations and immersive experiences. You will also support them in the creation of digital collective works and will guide them in the development of an online artistic portfolio. An exhibition of the works will be organized at the end of the school year.
- Part-time: up to 12 hours per week, per project. It’s possible to combine several projects.
- Salary: $17.92 per hour.
- Contract duration: September of the current year to June of the following year. Possibility of contract renewal.
- Schedule: Flexible and regular schedule based on availability of coordinator and school site.
- Employment region: Different employment areas available in Ontario.
- North: Thunder Bay, Sudbury
- East: Rockland, Cornwall, Ottawa
- South: Durham, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Sarnia, Oshawa, Guelph, Toronto, Ajax, York
- Develop activities that enable students to acquire digital arts skills and abilities using computer software;
- Accompany and help students complete all stages and tasks related to the creation of the final works;
- Develop and build an artistic portfolio with students.
- Having the students benefit from your expertise by putting forward projects that are integrative, stimulating and diverse;
- Working closely with the school’s teachers and administrators, and Youth Fusion officials, in order to maximize the project’s impact and awareness within the school;
- Maintaining a professional relationship with the school (diligent attendance, communications, adherence to the culture and rules of the school environment, etc.);
- Taking initiative, being creative and a self-starter, in order to effectively contribute to the project’s execution and success;
- Attending team and progress meetings;
- Supervising the students and looking after their safety;
- When needed, representing Youth Fusion, the sponsoring post-secondary institution or the project itself before our partners;
- Drafting the appropriate reports (midway progress and final reports) as scheduled;
- Prepare for and participate in the year-end events to showcase the students’ success.
- Currently pursuing a university education in a field related to digital arts, multimedia or virtual arts.
- Experience and skills working with high school students;
- Experience with image processing and audio and video editing software.
Will be considered as an asset
- Any experience working with children with learning or behavioural difficulties;
- Volunteer work or any other tangible experience working with youth (day or vacation camps, tutoring, etc.);
- Ability to organize and facilitate activities;
- Must have a strong desire to be a role model for the school’s students, and act as an agent of social change.
- Spoken and written English;
- Spoken and written French (an asset, as some schools are French speaking).
- Office Suite;
- Adobe Creative Cloud.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
A vulnerable sector screening is required for this position. The process is subject to a confidentiality protocol between Youth Fusion and the local police.
To apply, send your resume to RecruitmentONT@youthfusion.org. Only qualified candidates will be selected for interviews.
IMPORTANT: If you have a work permit with this clause: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.” , unfortunately, we cannot consider you for the position, as the job is in the teaching field. In order to be able to work with us, you have the possibility, with a medical examination, to have this clause removed. Do not hesitate to contact us to continue the process if this clause is removed from your work permit.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.