Project coordinator exhibition design
You wish to convey your passion for EXHIBITION DESIGN to the youth ?
Become a PROJECT COORDINATOR in Exhibition Design for YOUTH FUSION !
While collaborating with the teaching teams, you will develop and lead weekly activities in class (secondary 1 to 5) introducing youth to the museum field and to everything involved in the creation of an exhibition. You will lead students to create original works of art related to a theme. For a final collective exhibition in a local cultural venue, the youth will present a mock-up of their installation !
- To guide students in conceptual research around a theme;
- Accompany students in the creation of original works and guide them through the various tasks and stages of organizing a group exhibition;
- Assist youth in creating a virtual or physical mock-up of the exhibition.
- Current/completed university or technical program related to the visual art or museology fields OR any equivalent experience;
- Have an artistic practice or knowledge of various plastic techniques such as ceramics, cyanotype, engraving, weaving or others;
- Spoken and written French.
Will be considered as assets:
- Ability or experience in exhibition or opening planning;
- Competencies in 3D modelling, stop motion animation, model making, audio and/or video editing, Arduino, immersive installation or other;
- Any experience with youth with learning or behavioural disabilities
- Any other experience working/volunteering with youth (e.g., day camps, youth centre, etc.);
- Desire to be a role model for youth and act as an agent of social change;
Contract from September 2023 to June 2024 with possibility of renewal.
In schools in the Capitale-Nationale and/or Lévis