Project coordinator robotic
You wish to convey your passion for ROBOTICS to the youth ?
Become a PROJECT COORDINATOR in ROBOTICS for YOUTH FUSION !
While collaborating with the teaching staff, you will develop and lead weekly classroom activities related to robotics with the goal of supporting students in their participation in one of the FIRST LEGO League's international programs.
FIRST LEGO League—Explore (6 to 10 years old): Youth will create a poster and a LEGO mock-up (using the WeDo 2.0 technology) related to the year's theme, containing at least one simple machine and one motorized element.
FIRST LEGO League—Challenge (9 to 14 years old): Youths will have to design LEGO robots (programmed with Mindstorms EV3 or SPIKE technology) capable of accomplishing missions.
- Initiate youth to the design of a robot or a mock-up as well as to their programming;
- Accompany the youth in their preparation for the various FIRST events;
- Assist youth in meeting program requirements by following the workbook provided by FIRST.
- Current (or completed) college or university program related to engineering or to science OR any equivalent experience;
- Spoken and written French.
Will be considered as assets:
- Knowledge of the FIRST LEGO League Explore or FIRST LEGO League Challenge robotics programs;
- Any experience with youth with learning or behavioural disabilities
- Any other experience working/volunteering with youth (e.g., day camps, youth centre, etc.);
- Desire to be a role model for youth and act as an agent of social change;
- Spoken and written English (The Youth Fusion and FIRST Robotics organizations work with Canadian and international partners in English. In this sense, a functional knowledge of English is desirable).