Project coordinator video game design
You wish to convey your passion for VIDEO GAME DESIGN to the youth ?
Become a PROJECT COORDINATOR in Video Game Design for YOUTH FUSION !
While collaborating with the teaching teams, you will be asked to develop and lead weekly activities in class (primary: 5th and 6th grade and/or secondary 1 to 5) related to the essential video game elements. Your goal will be to introduce youth to the world of technology and design through the complete creation of a video game !
- Convey the vocabulary and knowledge related to the video game development;
- Accompany youth through all the steps of the development and promotion of a video game; (design, prototyping, production, finishing, marketing and game testing);
- Demonstrate to youth how to export the final project from the game design engine;
- Show youth the basics of art, music and programming.
- University or college program in progress (or completed) in a field related to video games, digital arts or new technologies OR any equivalent experience;
- Spoken and written French.
- At least 2 criteria among the following:
- Basic programming competencies;
- Experience in game or level design;
- Experience in project management;
- Illustration and/or animation competencies;
Will be considered as assets:
- Knowledge of Construct 2 or 3 and/or ability to draw in Pixel Art;
- Any experience with youth with learning or behavioural disabilities
- Any other experience working/volunteering with youth (e.g., day camps, youth centre, etc.);
- Desire to be a role model for youth and act as an agent of social change;
Contract from September 2023 to June 2024 with possibility of renewal.
In schools in the Capitale-Nationale and/or Lévis