Qui sommes-nous ?
Fusion Jeunesse est né d’une idée innovante jamais encore testée au Québec et au Canada: embaucher des étudiants universitaires, à titre de Coordonnateurs de projet, dans des écoles primaires et secondaires pourimplanter et soutenir des projets créatifs, motivantset suscitant l’implication active des jeunes dans leur réussite scolaire.
Que chaque jeune concrétise sa réussite éducative en découvrant, cultivant et valorisant ses capacités, avec le soutien de l’écosystème scolaire et de la communauté.
Contribuer à la persévérance scolaire, à l’employabilité et à l’engagement civique des jeunes en implantant des projets d’apprentissage expérientiel innovants qui créent des liens continus entre les milieux scolaires et la communauté.
Youth Fusion is based on an innovative idea that was never tested before in Quebec and Canada: hiring university students as Project Coordinators in elementary and high schools to implement and support creative and inspiring projects that actively engage youth in their academic success.
That each youth achieves educational success by discovering, cultivating, and valuing his abilities with the support of the school ecosystem and the community.
Contributing to school perseverance, employability, and civic engagement of youth by implementing innovative experiential learning projects that create ongoing links between school environment and the community.
Project Coordinator – Dramatic Arts
Are you looking for a meaningful job?
Do you want to complete your education with an opportunity that will launch your career?
Seize the opportunity now: become a Youth Fusion coordinator!
PROJECT CORDINATOR – DRAMATIC ARTS
You want to apply? Click here: 5 minutes and it is completed!
Your role will be to introduce students to different aspects of theatre. You will set up activities and workshops that that mainly take place in the classroom in close collaboration with the teachers. These will allow students to develop skills such as diction, movement, voice, drama, awareness of body, vocabulary related to the theatre, etc. You will also guide the students in writing and creating a short play that will be presented at the end of the school year.
- Develop activities allowing the students to acquire essential acting skills: vocal warm-ups, voice projection, awareness of body, improvisation, character development, etc.;
- Guide students in the creation, writing and production of their very own play inspired by a novel they have already read;
- Coordinate and moderate rehearsals and develop the staging of the play with the students.
- Having the students benefit from your expertise by putting forward projects that are integrative, stimulating and diverse;
- Working closely with the school’s teachers and administrators, and Youth Fusion officials, in order to maximize the project’s impact and awareness within the school;
- Maintaining a professional relationship with the school (diligent attendance, communications, adherence to the culture and rules of the school environment, etc.);
- Taking initiative, being creative and a self-starter, in order to effectively contribute to the project’s execution and success;
- Attending team and progress meetings;
- Supervising the students and looking after their safety;
- When needed, representing Youth Fusion, the sponsoring post-secondary institution or the project itself before our partners;
- Drafting the appropriate reports (midway progress and final reports) as scheduled;
- Prepare for and participate in the year-end events to showcase the students’ success.
- Collegial or university program in progress (or completed), in connection with theatrical field.
- Experience working and interacting with youth;
- Ability to organize and present a theatre work.
Will be considered as an asset
- Any experience working with children with learning or behavioural difficulties;
- Volunteer work or any other tangible experience working with youth (day or vacation camps, tutoring, etc.);
- Ability to organize and facilitate activities;
- Must have a strong desire to be a role model for the school’s students, and act as an agent of social change.
- Spoken and written English;
- Spoken and written French (an asset, as some schools are French speaking).
- Office Suite
Comment postuler ?
How to apply?
A criminal background check is required to work with vulnerable people. This is done at the time of hiring.
If you have a work permit with this clause: “Is not authorized to work in 1) childcare, 2) high school or elementary school education, 3) health services,” unfortunately, we cannot consider you for the position, as the job is in the teaching field. To be able to work with us, you have the possibility, with a medical examination, to have this clause removed. Do not hesitate to contact us to continue the hiring process if this clause is removed from your work permit.