Qui sommes-nous ?
Fusion Jeunesse est né d’une idée innovante jamais encore testée au Québec et au Canada: embaucher des étudiants universitaires, à titre de Coordonnateurs de projet, dans des écoles primaires et secondaires pour implanter et soutenir des projets créatifs, motivants et suscitant l’implication active des jeunes dans leur réussite scolaire.
Que chaque jeune concrétise sa réussite éducative en découvrant, cultivant et valorisant ses capacités, avec le soutien de l’écosystème scolaire et de la communauté.
Contribuer à la persévérance scolaire, à l’employabilité et à l’engagement civique des jeunes en implantant des projets d’apprentissage expérientiel innovants qui créent des liens continus entre les milieux scolaires et la communauté.
Youth Fusion is based on an innovative idea that was never tested before in Quebec and Canada: hiring university students as Project Coordinators in elementary and high schools to implement and support creative and inspiring projects that actively engage youth in their academic success.
That each youth achieves educational success by discovering, cultivating, and valuing his abilities with the support of the school ecosystem and the community.
Contributing to school perseverance, employability, and civic engagement of youth by implementing innovative experiential learning projects that create ongoing links between school environment and the community.
PROJECT COORDINATOR WITH INDIGENOUS STUDENTS (CEGEPS – MONTRÉAL)
Youth Fusion is a registered non-profit, non-partisan organization that promotes school perseverance by engaging students in creative and motivating extra-curricular activities. These projects aim to value and cultivate the abilities and interests so that everyone can achieve their potential, both at school and in the community. Project coordinators with Indigenous students in cegeps have main areas of activity:
- Collaborate with Indigenous ressource centers;
- Possiblity of inter collegiate collaborations;
- Organizing extra-curricular activities;
- Guiding students to services and resources available (mental and academic support);
- Working with grassroot initiatives to help create links between the school and community.
Since January 2010, Youth Fusion has been offering projects in various First Nations and Inuit communities. As of today, we collaborate with several nations across Quebec, New-Brunswick and Ontario.
Leadership Program at the Cégep level
- Region: Greater Montreal and surrounding areas
- Must be able to ensure transportation to the workplace
- Part-time, flexible schedule
- Up to 25 hours/week
- Attend the Youth Fusion training ;
- Create, organize and lead engaging activities for CÉGEP students;
- Fill-out and submit timesheets, and expense reports every 2 weeks;
- Manage a budget for the project and the material inventory;
- Communicate with Youth Fusion and appropriate center coordinator for Indigenous students on a weekly basis;
- Communicate and collaborate with school staff as well as external partners in the implementation of projects, activities and special events;
- Take part in phone calls every two weeks with Youth Fusion coordinators from the same program;
- Submit a mid-term and final report, including a full list of activities and participants.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience working with youth;
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently;
- Motivation, leadership persistence, flexibility, communication skills, vision and creativity are essential;
- Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva)
- Indigenous individuals with a combination of relevant skills, life experiences and interests will be strongly considered
- Experience working in a cross-cultural context;
- For non-Indigenous applicants, knowledge of Indigenous cultures and traditions and/or experience working with Indigenous communities and individuals.
- Spoken and written English;
- Spoken and written French is an asset;
- Written and/or oral knowledge of an Indigenous language is an asset.
Verification is required to work with a vulnerable clientele. This check is done when hiring.
Comment postuler ?
How to apply?
Fill out this online form with the position(s) or region(s) you are interested in, your contact information, cover letter and cv highlighting any relevant work experience. If you have any additional questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.