PROJECTS REQUEST PLATFORM
FOR INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES
PROGRAMS OFFERED TO INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES
« For thirteen years, we have supported school perseverance and helped tens of thousands students expand creativity and passion while in school. We are determined to continue forward on this path while adapting to your new reality. »
— Lydia Risi, Senior Director of Operations and Philanthropy – Indigenous Communities
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE YOUTH FUSION
- To carry out exciting projects with students from elementary school to high school, in urban centres as well as in remote areas, at school, at home or elsewhere, no matter what the school year has in store for us.
- To actively engage students learning through an integrated experiential learning model that motivates youth and responds to the educational realities of schools and communities.
- To concretely support teachers in their willingness to share their educational matter in an exciting and fun way.
- To create unique bonds with our competent and passionate coordinators who are trained and experienced in the programmes they lead.
- To spark the passion of youth in fields that inspire them.
FAVOURING IN-PERSON PROGRAMMING
Because we believe in the benefits of a strong relationship between the project coordinator, the teachers, and the students, we favour in-person programming human contact.
However, depending on the reality of school environments and the evolution of the health situation, projects can also be carried out virtually or in a hybrid way (in person and remotely).
To maintain a high-quality pedagogical support, all our project coordinators have received pedagogical training on the best practices to encourage students to get involved remotely and favour interactions.
Youth Fusion enhances the services available in our community and creates healthy bonds with our students that are, sometimes, life altering.
Principal, Sautjuit School, Kangirsuk
Youth Fusion helped our class and school in many ways. They created wonderful links with the kids and were great models. The kids especially loved the lunch clubs, leadership, and basically everything they did because of their positive attitude and just a love for kids.
Teacher, Voyageur Memorial Elementary School, Mistissini
I would just like to say thank you for providing our school with such wonderful people to help our students engage in different types of activities than they would normally get to experience !
Vice Principal, Jaanimmarik School, Kuujjuaq
Youth Fusion helped some students that were shy find a passion and ensured that everyone felt welcome and involved. YF also promotes healthy eating habits and a healthy lifestyle by working with the nutritionists and the youth centre in the community.
Teacher, Willie J. Happyjack Memorial School, Waswanip